How much activity you perform, your waist measurement, and your resting heart rate are all used to determine your fitness age. Your maximum oxygen uptake (VO2 max) is determined by how well your body distributes oxygen to the cells during exercise. The good news is that, unlike your chronological age, your fitness age may really decrease.
What is the best way to determine your fitness level?
- Physical Fitness Tests to Determine Your Physical Fitness Level Treadmills or measured tracks are the most appropriate places to conduct this test. Once you’ve warmed up, walk or run for 12 minutes at a time, keeping your pace as consistent as you possibly can. After 12 minutes, make a note of your total distance traveled in meters. Calculate the result by multiplying it by 0.0225 and then subtracting 11.3. This will tell you your VO2 Max rate in milliliters per kilogram of body weight per minute.
- 1 What is a fitness age?
- 2 How do I calculate my fitness level?
- 3 What is my fitness age based on VO2?
- 4 How does Garmin calculate age?
- 5 How is VO2 max calculated?
- 6 How fit should you be 40?
- 7 What is the best fitness age?
- 8 What is my metabolic age calculator?
- 9 Is VO2 max of 50 good?
- 10 How accurate is VO2 max Garmin?
What is a fitness age?
Your fitness age is a concept developed by researchers at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology that is based on VO2max (i.e., how much oxygen you use during intense exercise and the best indicator of cardiovascular fitness) and a complex combination of other health factors that we won’t list here because they are numerous and complicated.
How do I calculate my fitness level?
Here’s how it’s done:
- It works like this:
What is my fitness age based on VO2?
It is a simple method of keeping track of your fitness level. A woman’s fitness age is 43 years if her maximum oxygen uptake (VO2max) is 35 ml/kg/min. This is because the average woman of 43 years is capable of producing 35 ml/kg/min.
How does Garmin calculate age?
In order to compute it, we compare your current VO2 max fitness level to the average VO2 max fitness levels of persons of various ages within your same gender. Opening the Garmin ConnectTM app on your compatible smartphone and selecting More, followed by Performance Stats, then VO2 Max will reveal your current fitness age.
How is VO2 max calculated?
Calculating the maximum oxygen consumption
- Maximum milliliters of oxygen consumed in one minute divided by body weight in kilograms
- VO2 = (milliliters of air inhaled per minute)(percentage of oxygen in the air inhaled) / (milliliters of air exhaled per minute)(percentage of oxygen in the air exhaled)
- VO2 max = 15.3 x (MHR/RHR)
- VO2 max = 15.3
How fit should you be 40?
Following a gradual introduction to exercise, persons over the age of 40 should aim to undertake the following on a regular basis: Moderate aerobic activity for 30 minutes everyday (100 steps per minute) and muscular training with all major muscle groups on three days per week are recommended for adults. Balance exercises should be performed at least twice a week.
What is the best fitness age?
When it comes to humans, our peak fitness potential is generally reached around the age of twenty. This is true for both males and females alike. From there, among healthy persons between the ages of 20 and 65, fitness normally drops by 5 percent to 20 percent every decade, depending on their age.
What is my metabolic age calculator?
It is possible to use the Harris-Benedict Equation calculator or the following formula to solve the problem: The following values are for males: 66.5 + (13.75 x kg) + (5.003 x cm) (6.775 x age) Female: 655.1 + (9.563 x kg) + (1.850 x cm) – (9.563 x kg) + (1.850 x cm) (4.676 x age)
Is VO2 max of 50 good?
Elite male athletes’ V02 max can reach as high as 90 mL/kg/min, whereas female athletes’ V02 max can reach up to 80 to 77 mL/kg/min, depending on their gender. When it comes to 30-year-old men, a good VO2 max score is 50-55 mL/kg/min; when it comes to 30-year-old women, a decent score of 45-50 mL/kg/min is recommended.
How accurate is VO2 max Garmin?
In the study of these runners, it was discovered that Garmin’s VO2 max calculation was 95 percent accurate, with an error of less than 3.5 milliliters per kilogram of body weight per minute. Given that most sub maximal testing has an inaccuracy of 10-15 percent, the results are relatively reliable.